What was that line from Han Solo from Return of the Jedi? “Jeez, I’m out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!”
I literally put down my phone for a couple of hours this morning to complete a stay-cation with my family and Twitter blew up.
And there are no delusions here. This is big news out of Epcot, where Disney Park Blog’s Thomas Smith wrote:
As many of you know, we’ve got BIG plans for our multi-year transformation of Epcot, with new experiences that’ll “Wow!” guests while keeping true to the original vision of the park. Today, we’re excited to share even more of what’s to come.
The ongoing evolution of Epcot includes plans for a play pavilion that’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever seen at the park. This new space will be devoted to playful fun and feature an innovative city that’ll come to life under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life. The pavilion’s city will be bursting with interactive experiences, your favorite Disney characters, hands-on activities and engaging entertainment when it opens just in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks
“This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique to Epcot,” said Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create, and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
Epcot represents so much to so many people, but it’s hard to keep everyone happy. The full scope of the refurbishments and additions to the park are amazing in scope and depth.
Mr. Smith listed the full list:
- Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World
- Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
- Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
- Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show
- Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France
Are we ever get E.P.C.O.T. back? No. That dream of a city of tomorrow died with Mr. Disney. However, are we adhering to the notion that “Disneyland will never be finished…” FOR SURE.
What is that thing the kids say? I’m here for all of it?
But what do you think about these new pieces to the puzzle of Epcot? Are you excited? Are they meh?
Let us know in the comments below…