I just booked a trip to Anaheim and was already pumped to attend the Disney Institute. But now, after seeing snippets of the new show, which debuted at the Disneyland Resort last night, I am even more “ready to party.”
A Mickey and Minnie Celebration is kicking off a party at the Disneyland Resort! Guests are encouraged to “Get Your Ears On” and celebrate 90 years of magic with a new nighttime projection show, the return of “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,” limited-time décor, specialty foods, merchandise and more!
“Mickey’s Mix Magic” is full of vibrant sights and upbeat sounds. This new, high-energy projection show creates a family-fun dance party throughout Disneyland park, with “DJ” Mickey spinning the new celebration song, “It’s a Good Time” along with remixes of favorite Disney songs. I promise you’ll be instantly dancing to the pulsating music! “It’s a Good Time” song is available on streaming services to download and enjoy.
The video gives fleshes out the description:
In addition, Ramirez reported “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” returns to Disneyland Park on January 25.
Here are some more fun facts from the folks at Disneyland:
- The new celebration song “It’s a Good Time” was written and produced specifically for the “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” that is underway at Disney Parks around the world, celebrating 90 years of magic with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Guests will also dance and sing along to these tunes during “Mickey’s Mix Magic”: “I Wanna Be Like You” (The Jungle Book), “Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat” (The Aristocats), “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin), “Grim Grinning Ghosts” (theme song from The Haunted Mansion attraction), “Un Poco Loco” (Coco) and “Let It Go” (Frozen).
- The musical score of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is inspired by the irresistible beat of “house music,” bringing energy and fun that appeals to the whole family.
- The multi-speaker audio design in “Mickey’s Mix Magic” supports the “dance party” feel of the show throughout the park, immersing guests in surround sound.
- Each viewing area in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (when “Fantasmic!” returns in March)– has a custom projection design, which makes for a unique show experience wherever guests are.
- More than two dozen video projectors bring “Mickey’s Mix Magic” to life throughout the park, and 14 of those are on Main Street, U.S.A., alone.
- Nearly 100 special lighting fixtures are utilized throughout the show, and they sit atop 10 different rooftops throughout the park.
- Disney Parks Live Entertainment collaborated with the team behind the latest Mickey animated shorts to bring the youthful, playful and mischievous personality of Mickey Mouse to the show. Minnie Mouse is also featured, showing off some of her dance moves from the pair’s popular international cartoon adventures.
- Much of the mapped video projection of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is original content. Instead of cinematic scenes, favorite Disney characters are creatively showcased amidst kaleidoscopic patterns that move with the music beat.
Are you going to be at Disneyland soon?
Let us know what you think of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” in the comments below…