Fresh off the continued success of “Eat to the Beat” during “International Wine and Food,” Disney announced yesterday that Epcot’s “Garden Rocks Concert Series” — with performances during the “Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival” — will expand to seven days a week during its annual run.
Disney Parks Blog’s Jennifer Fickley-Baker wrote:
We recently shared that the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will return to Walt Disney World Resort March 6-June 3, 2019 with a wide selection of delectable bites at outdoor kitchens and dozens of Disney-themed topiaries blooming around the park.
New in 2019, the festival’s Garden Rocks Concert Series will expand to seven days a week, with a total of 270 concerts spanning multiple genres over the course of the 90-day event.
If you have never been to a concert at Epcot, I highly recommend it. The America Gardens Theater is an excellent venue, and you simply can’t beat listening to familiar songs in a fantastic setting.
The list of performances for this years Garden Rocks Concert Series is impressive:
- March 9-10: Glass Tiger “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)”
- March 17-20: Simple Plan “Welcome to My Life”
- March 28-29: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn “Take My Breath Away”
- March 30-31: The Smithereens (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Top of the Pops”
- April 3-4: Christopher Cross (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Sailing”
- April 5-7: The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
- April 12-13: Sister Sledge (NEW to Garden Rocks) “We Are Family”
- April 17-19: Sister Hazel (NEW to Garden Rocks) “All For You”
- April 20-21: Steven Curtis Chapman (NEW) “Cinderella”
- April 22-23: TobyMac (NEW) “The Elements”
- April 24-26: Lonestar “Amazed”
- April 27-30: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- May 1-4: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII I Am”
- May 5-7: Don Felder, Formerly of the Eagles “Hotel California”
- May 20-21: Colin Hay of Men at Work (NEW) “Who Can It Be Now?”
My pick of that list? Christopher Cross, of course!
And, just to get you in the mood for the weekend, have a listen to the yacht rock king (captured here at Epcot in 2013):
But what do you think? Have you been to “Garden Rocks” or “Eat to the Beat?” What did you think? What was your favorite experience at The America Gardens Theater?
Tell us in the comments below…