On Sunday, August 19, D23.com announced the pending arrival in New York City of a special exhibition celebrating 90 years of the icon that is “Mickey Mouse.”
D23.com’s Jocelyn Buhlman wrote:
Mickey Mouse has been shaping our lives and winning our hearts for 90 years, and we think an icon like him deserves to celebrate his anniversary longer than just one day. And we’re not the only ones who
The exhibition site posted:
Mickey: The True Original Exhibition celebrates 90 years of Mickey Mouse’s influence on art and pop culture. Opening in November 2018, this immersive experience is inspired by Mickey’s status as a ‘true original’ and his consistent impact on the arts and creativity in all its forms. Guests will have the chance to explore the 16,000 square-foot exhibitions featuring both historic and contemporary work
Dates: November 8, 2018 – February 10, 2019
Location: 60 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10014
Ticket Price: $38
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Still not convinced? Check out the video:
Not going to New York City anytime soon? No problem! D23.com listed a number of virtual and in-person opportunities to celebrate The Mouse:
An Animated Tribute
Gather your family around your couch and grab your favorite Mickey sweets, because we’ve got the marathon for you: Walt Disney Animation Studios will celebrate Mickey’s cartoon legacy with the release of Celebrating Mickey, featuring 13 classic short films on Digital and Blu-ray this fall.
The World’s Biggest Mouse Party Comes to Disney Parks and Resorts
If that’s not enough Mickey fun for you, start planning your next trip to your favorite Disney park, because everywhere in the world will be celebrating the World’s Biggest Mouse Party—a limited-time, global celebration of Mickey and Minnie. Here’s every way you can celebrate:
Walt Disney World Resort
- Celebrate Mickey’s birthday
fromNovember 16-18 with special merchandise and food & beverage items
- Celebrate at Magic Kingdom Park during the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
- Sing “Happy Birthday” along with the Dapper Dans on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Join in a special birthday dance party at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
- Get ready to party in 2019 when Walt Disney World will continue celebrating when World’s Biggest Mouse Party comes to the resort
- Join in the celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse on November 18, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at it’s a small world and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square
- Get ready to party when the World’s Biggest Mouse Party begins at Disneyland Resort in 2019
Disney Cruise Line
- Celebrate at the World’s Biggest Mouse Party, which takes to the seas in 2019
Shanghai Disney Resort
- Kick off World’s Biggest Mouse Party with a brand-new Mickey-themed float at the opening ceremony of the Shanghai Tourism Festival on September 15 to commemorate the Shanghai launch of World’s Biggest Mouse Party
- See a giant birthday card next to the “Storytellers” statue, featuring birthday wishes from Mickey’s pals
- Enjoy themed food and merchandise offerings from November 16-18, as well as the opportunity to sing “Happy Birthday” to Mickey just before the nighttime spectacular show each evening, all culminating with a special nighttime birthday spectacular at Enchanted Storybook Castle on November 18
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Join the World’s Biggest Mouse Party on Mickey’s birthday, November 18, with commemorative park tickets, special food & beverage
andmerchandise, a hotel room overlay, and “We Love Mickey” projection show through the end of the year
- Enjoy special birthday stickers, available only on November 18
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Join the celebration this fall with special decorations and merchandise.
- Celebrate the World’s Biggest Mouse Party this fall and into winter with new holiday season entertainment and special surprises
Finally, enjoy this 360-degree Video: “Step into the fluorescent world of legendary artist Kenny Scharf’s Mickey Mouse-themed Cosmic Cavern in this 360° video tour. Be sure to look over, sideways, up and down to discover all of the magic.”